Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wrong is wrong

I was driving to work this morning and got to thinking about my next door neighbor. (we don't get along)  He did something that he shouldn't have.  His reasons are probably valid (I haven't spoken to him so I really don't know for sure) and I would have to say I agree what I think his reasons where however we can not take matters into our own hands to "fix" things without following the proper route or chain of command. I am not even sure why he doesn't like me and I would like to say I don't care, but it does bother me a bit. He doesn't even know me.  I am not too worried because I can't change the way he thinks about me but I am sure he feels that I (or my husband) did something he felt was wrong.

A friend told me that in God's eyes a sin is sin.  My sin is not larger or smaller than your sin or vice versa. I think we, as humans, sometimes do things at are wrong but try to justify that it is "just a little wrong."  Its not like we are harming someone by the 'little wrong. Come on - no one was injured or shot....In God's eyes a sin is a sin period.  Once I thought about that my heart sank.  I was judging someone else on how I thought that person's sins compare to mine and how mine were justifiable and that other person was completely wrong...not very Christ like is it? 

John 9:41) 41 Jesus said to them, "“If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains."

Hmmm It is hard seeing more clearly than ever.  I see!  I am thankful I see and I am glad I see but it sure is hard.  :)  I wouldn't trade being blind to His word for anything. 

Tomorrow........more on the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment